ABOUT REUInformation, Statistics, Staff & Electric Power Board Members
Rockwood Electric Utility (REU) is a not-for-profit, municipally owned utility dedicated to providing Electric service to residential, commercial, industrial, and public facilities. REU traces its beginnings to 1939 when the City of Rockwood purchased electric systems in Rockwood and Kingston from the Tennessee Electric Power Company (TEPCO) and agreed to serve those cities and the surrounding communities consisting of portions of Roane, Cumberland, and Morgan counties.
Operation and control of the power system is vested in the Electric Power Board as outlined in the City Charter for Rockwood.
- Over 14,700 electric customers; over 11,600 residential
- Revenue from 2019 power sales in excess of $34 million
- All power is purchased from TVA; 5 year rolling contract – TVA Long-Term Partner
- Forty-three (43) full-time employees
- Four (4) substations; delivery voltages of 161 kV
- 12.47/7.2 kV, 3-phase system distribution system
- Over 700 miles of single- and three-phase primary
Kendall Bear, P.E.
REU Administration Team
- Rochelle Inman, Executive Assistant
- Larry Brackett, Manager of Construction & Maintenance
- Mike Miller, Manager of Customer Services
- Jason Jolly, Director of Operations & Safety
- Wyatt Wilson, Network Administrator
- Michele Powell, Manager of Accounting
- Dwan Garrett, Human Resources
Electric Power Board of Rockwood
Chairman of Board
The Electric Power Board of Rockwood meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. Board meetings are held at Rockwood Electric Utility (Main Office) at 341 W. Rockwood Street.